Due to maintenance, the Publications.gc.ca website may operate intermittently between 5:00 am ET until 9:00 am ET on Sunday, October 22, 2017.
Church of Our Lady of Good Hope, Fort Good Hope, Northwest Territories: R64-169/1986E-PDF
"The Church of Our Lady of Good Hope set a precedent in interior design for mission churches throughout the Mackenzie district. When Bishop Grouard saw the church in 1889 he was very impressed. He referred to it as a "petit bijou" (little jewel) and wrote of his amazement at finding here, under the Arctic Circle, a decoration so rich, so elegant and so varied"--Conclusion, p. .
|Title||Church of Our Lady of Good Hope, Fort Good Hope, Northwest Territories|
|Series Title||Heritage commemoration series|
|Electronic Document|| |
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact the authoring department to request a format other than those available.
We invite you to consult the Frequently Asked Questions page for additional information regarding the Archived Content notice.
Note: The URLs contained in this/these document(s) may no longer be functional
|Note||"Editor: Paula Irving"--p. . Digitized edition from print.|
|Number of Pages|| p. :|
|Subject Terms||Heritage buildings, Religious buildings|
- Date modified: