Due to maintenance, the Publications.gc.ca website may operate intermittently between 5:00 am eastern time until 9:00 am eastern time on Sunday, September 24, 2017.
Government of Canada Publications
Canada 150: A look back – 1980s
The Canada-United States Free Trade Agreement (FTA) was signed January 2, 1988, eliminating several trade barriers between the two neighbouring countries. Free trade had been a controversial issue in Canada dating back to Confederation. The FTA was replaced by the North American Free Trade Agreement in 1994, as Mexico joined the North American trade bloc.
From Weekly Acquisitions List 17-37 (September 15, 2017)
Canada 150: A look back – 1970s
In response to pressure from the growing women's rights movement, the Commission was created to examine the state of women in Canada. The final report recommended steps to ensure equal opportunities for employment, pay, child care, birth control and education. This was the first Canadian Royal Commission chaired by a woman, Florence Bird.
From Weekly Acquisitions List 17-36 (September 8, 2017)
Canada 150: A look back – 1960s
Known as the 1969 White Paper, this policy paper proposed abolishing the Indian Act and eliminating Indian Status as a step towards equality for Indigenous Canadians. The response from the Indigenous community was overwhelmingly negative, viewing the policy as another form of assimilation. The policy was quickly abandoned by the federal government.
Publications.gc.ca has gone electronic
As of March 7, 2014, Publishing and Depository Services is no longer selling or distributing Government of Canada publications in tangible formats.
Successful Transition to the New Integrated Library System
Migration of our data to the new Integrated Library System has been completed. Our catalogue is being updated since Monday, April 20, 2015.
We are aware of a few minor issues in the way we present publication information on our Web site but overall it retains the same look and functionality. Going forward, we will work to identify any improvements on how our information is presented to ensure it meets our clients’ needs.
Your feedback and comments are important to us, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Thank you for your continued support!
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Top Ten Downloaded Publications [August 2017]
- How to complete the Record of Employment form
- Canadian firearms safety course
- The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
- Edible and poisonous mushrooms of Canada
- Concrete foundations
- Annual newsletter for beneficiaries residing in Canada
- Guide to federal incorporation to help small businesses incorporate federally
- NR4 - Non-resident tax withholding, remitting, and reporting, 2016
- Vocabulary building workbook
- Insulated slab-on-grade foundations - a design guide for rural, northern and First Nations housing
- Règlement de chasse aux oiseaux migrateurs, ... abrégé
- La construction du poulailler avec plans généraux et détaillés
- Pratiques de base et précautions additionnelles visant à prévenir la transmission des infections dans les milieux de soins
- Comment remplir le formulaire de relevé d'emploi (RE)
- Le guide du chauffage au bois résidentiel
- La Charte canadienne des droits et libertés
- Guide de consommation de carburant
- Guide d'identification des principales maladies de la vigne
- Cartes topographiques - les éléments de base
- Comprendre votre dossier de crédit et votre pointage de crédit
You can also view top downloads from previous months.
- Date modified: