Government of Canada Publications
Canada 150: A look back – 1900s
Report by W.L. Mackenzie King, C.M.G. Deputy Minister of Labour Commissioner appointed to investigate into the losses sustained by the Japanese population of Vancouver, B.C. on the occasion of the riots in that city in September 1907
The Vancouver Anti-Oriental Riots occurred in September 1907 as a result of anti-immigration attitudes. Similar riots happened in other West Coast cities in the United States. The Royal Commission report expressed regret at the financial losses to Japanese property. After these incidents, the federal government soon began to restrict Japanese emigration to Canada.
From Weekly Acquisitions List 17-29 (July 21, 2017)
Canada 150: A look back – 1890s
An early edition of the Canada Year Book, which was published from 1867 to 2012. The annual almanac was a reference guide on the demographic, political and economic changes facing Canadians.
From Weekly Acquisitions List 17-28 (July 14, 2017)
Canada 150: A look back – 1880s
The construction of transcontinental railways like the Canadian Pacific Railway opened up settlement in the west and played an important role in the expansion of Confederation. However, building these railways was complicated and expensive. A Royal Commission established to investigate the cost and methods of building the railroad concluded that inexperienced personnel, poorly written contracts and a lack of time had made construction more costly than necessary.
Publications.gc.ca has gone electronic
As of March 7, 2014, Publishing and Depository Services is no longer selling or distributing Government of Canada publications in tangible formats.
Successful Transition to the New Integrated Library System
Migration of our data to the new Integrated Library System has been completed. Our catalogue is being updated since Monday, April 20, 2015.
We are aware of a few minor issues in the way we present publication information on our Web site but overall it retains the same look and functionality. Going forward, we will work to identify any improvements on how our information is presented to ensure it meets our clients’ needs.
Your feedback and comments are important to us, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Thank you for your continued support!
Send us an email at email@example.com
Top Ten Downloaded Publications [June 2017]
- The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
- How to complete the Record of Employment form
- Canadian firearms safety course
- Edible and poisonous mushrooms of Canada
- Guide to federal incorporation to help small businesses incorporate federally
- Concrete foundations
- T3 trust guide, 2016
- NR4 - Non-resident tax withholding, remitting, and reporting, 2016
- Vocabulary building workbook
- Insulated slab-on-grade foundations - a design guide for rural, northern and First Nations housing
- La construction du poulailler avec plans généraux et détaillés
- La Charte canadienne des droits et libertés
- Guide d'identification des principales maladies de la vigne
- Pratiques de base et précautions additionnelles visant à prévenir la transmission des infections dans les milieux de soins
- Les religions au Canada
- Cartes topographiques - les éléments de base
- Comment remplir le formulaire de relevé d'emploi (RE)
- Troubles du spectre autistique - causes possibles
- Maladies des haricots et moyens de lutte
- Guide de consommation de carburant
You can also view top downloads from previous months.
- Date modified: