Featured publications 2022
Featured presentations for calendar years:
- Celebrating Summer
- From Weekly Acquisitions List 22-30 (July 29, 2022)
- Anniversary of Income Tax
- From Weekly Acquisitions List 22-29 (July 22, 2022)
- Anniversary of same sex marriage legalization
- From Weekly Acquisitions List 22-28 (July 15, 2022)
- From Weekly Acquisitions List 22-27 (July 8, 2022)
- From Weekly Acquisitions List 22-26 (July 1, 2022)
- Canada Day
- From Weekly Acquisitions List 22-25 (June 24, 2022)
- World Refugee Day
- From Weekly Acquisitions List 22-24 (June 17, 2022)
- From Weekly Acquisitions List 22-23 (June 10, 2022)
- Pride Month
- Environment Week
- From Weekly Acquisitions List 22-22 (June 3, 2022)
- From Weekly Acquisitions List 22-21 (May 27, 2022)
- World No Tobacco Day
- From Weekly Acquisitions List 22-20 (May 20, 2022)
- From Weekly Acquisitions List 22-19 (May 13, 2022)
- From Weekly Acquisitions List 22-18 (May 6, 2022)
- From Weekly Acquisitions List 22-17 (April 29, 2022)
- Mental Health Week
- From Weekly Acquisitions List 22-16 (April 22, 2022)
- World Book and Copyright Day
- Charter of Rights and Freedoms
- From Weekly Acquisitions List 22-15 (April 15, 2022)
- From Weekly Acquisitions List 22-14 (April 8, 2022)
- 2022 Federal Budget
- Battle of Vimy Ridge
- From Weekly Acquisitions List 22-13 (April 1, 2022)
- From Weekly Acquisitions List 22-12 (March 25, 2022)
- From Weekly Acquisitions List 22-11 (March 18, 2022)
- International Francophonie Day
- From Weekly Acquisitions List 22-10 (March 11, 2022)
- From Weekly Acquisitions List 22-09 (March 4, 2022)
- From Weekly Acquisitions List 22-08 (February 25, 2022)
- From Weekly Acquisitions List 22-07 (February 18, 2022)
- From Weekly Acquisitions List 22-06 (February 11, 2022)
- Black History Month
- From Weekly Acquisitions List 22-05 (February 04, 2022)
- From Weekly Acquisitions List 22-04 (January 28, 2022)
- Bell Let’s Talk Day
- From Weekly Acquisitions List 22-03 (January 21, 2022)
- From Weekly Acquisitions List 22-02 (January 14, 2022)
- From Weekly Acquisitions List 22-01 (January 7, 2022)
Summer is in full swing and Canadians are getting outside to enjoy the beautiful weather and natural beauty our country has to offer. Here are some publications from our collection highlighting just a few of Canada’s many summer activities.
On July 25, 1917, the federal government introduced the Income War Tax Act to help pay for Canada’s First World War effort. Now an annual spring tradition, check out some publications on the income tax in Canada.
On July 20, 2005, the Civil Marriage Act came into effect, legalizing same-sex marriage in Canada. Today, we are proud to share some titles from our collection highlighting its importance for all Canadians.
Every year, from coast to coast to coast, people come together on July 1 for Canada Day. On this 155th anniversary of Confederation, please enjoy these publications highlighting some of our annual celebrations.
Every year on June 20, we recognize World Refugee Day, which honours the strength and courage of people who have been forced to leave their homes to escape conflict and persecution. We are highlighting some publications on Canada’s policies and efforts to addressing this global issue.
June is Pride Month in Canada and brings Canadians together to highlight the strength and celebrate the cultures of LGBTQ2+ communities across the country. As part of Pride Month, check out these titles from our catalogue.
This year’s Environment Week will be held across Canada from June 5 to 11, which includes Canada’s Clean Air Day. For more information about Canada’s environmental programs, here are some titles from our collection.
Every year, May 31st is World No Tobacco Day. To learn more about the negative impact of tobacco use on health, here are some publications from our catalogue.
The 71st edition of Mental Health Week takes place May 2-8, 2022. If you’re looking for relevant resources on the topic, please browse our collection.
World Book and Copyright Day is celebrated every April 23rd. This day pays tribute to books and authors, in addition to promoting discovery and reading.
We invite you to browse our collection of publications to explore new topics.
Adopted in April, 1982, the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms embedded equal rights protection for all Canadians into the Constitution. It sets out those rights and freedoms that Canadians believe are necessary in a free and democratic society. This includes affirming linguistic and treaty rights while also explicitly prohibiting discrimination on the basis of colour, religion, sex, age, and disability. If you’re looking for more information on the Charter as we approach the 40th anniversary of its introduction, here are some titles from our catalogue.
In the early morning hours of April 9, 1917, the first wave of 15,000 to 20,000 Canadian soldiers began the attack on Vimy Ridge. Facing snow and sleet, the Canadians confronted heavily armed German forces as they sought to take the strategically important hill in northern France. Over 4 days, all four divisions of the Canadian Corps, fighting together for the first time, took Vimy Ridge. In the years following the First World War, this remarkable military victory, which came at the significant cost of 10,000 killed or wounded Canadians, has became an important national symbol of the sacrifice and courage of Canadian soldiers. You can learn about Vimy Ridge and its legacy in the following publications.
International Francophonie Day, held annually on March 20, celebrates Francophone culture, and communities around the world while also championing linguistic diversity. To help commemorate, here are some publications highlighting the French language and Francophone communities in Canada.
Here are some publications highlighting the many achievements and contributions of Black Canadians and their communities who have contributed greatly to making Canada the multicultural and prosperous nation in which we live today.
Below you can find some of the research into mental health being undertaken across the Government of Canada
- Date modified: