Measurement of the retardation factor using a column test method / by M.W. Priddle and R.E. Jackson. : En13-5/89-173E-PDF

"A new laboratory column technique was developed to measure retardation factors (Rf) of volatile organic compounds using geological material obtained from an outwash aquifer underlying a solvent disposal site near Ottawa, Canada. The apparatus was designed as a closed system from sample introduction to analysis in order to measure the retardation of volatile compounds including 1,4-dioxane, diethyl ether, 1,2-dichloroethane, trichloromethane (chloroform), 1,1-dichloroethene and benzene. The centres of mass of both contaminant and a conservative tracer breakthrough curve were compared to determine these Rfs. The measured values range from 1.1 to 14.3 and compare favourably with those derived from contaminant plume lengths and a purge well test conducted at the site"--Abstract.

Lien permanent pour cette publication :

Renseignements sur la publication
Ministère/Organisme Canada. Environment Canada.
Canada Centre for Inland Waters.
National Water Research Institute (Canada)
Titre Measurement of the retardation factor using a column test method / by M.W. Priddle and R.E. Jackson.
Titre de la série NWRI contribution ; 89-173
Type de publication Série - Voir l'enregistrement principal
Langue [Anglais]
Format Électronique
Document électronique
Note(s) "RRB 89-75."
Title from cover.
Digitized edition from print [produced by Environment and Climate Change Canada].
"This manuscript has been prepared for Journal of Ground Water."
Includes bibliographical references.
Includes abstract and management perspective in English and French.
Information sur la publication Burlington, Ontario : National Water Research Institute, Canada Centre for Inland Waters, October 1989.
Auteur / Contributeur Priddle, Mark William, 1963- author.
Jackson, R. E. (Richard Ervin)author.
Description 1 online resource (16 pages, 11 unnumbered pages) : illustrations, maps, graphs.
Numéro de catalogue
  • En13-5/89-173E-PDF
Descripteurs Groundwater
Waste management
Demander des formats alternatifs
Pour demander une publication dans un format alternatif, remplissez le formulaire électronique des publications du gouvernement du Canada. Utilisez le champ du formulaire «question ou commentaire» pour spécifier la publication demandée.
Date de modification :