Former territorial court house, Fort Macleod, Alberta: R61-2/10-4-1988E-PDF
"The red brick building which currently houses Fort Macleod's municipal offices occupies a distinctive place in the history of western Canada. It was built between 1902 and 1904 as a court house for the Alberta Judicial District of the Northwest Territories, shortly before Alberta became a province ... It continued to serve as a seat of justice for southern Alberta until 1971; it is the oldest courthouse in the province and one of the few architectural vestiges left from the period of Territorial administration on the Prairies. It was designated as a National Historic Site by the Historic Sites and Monuments Board of Canada in 1980"--Introduction, p. .
|Title||Former territorial court house, Fort Macleod, Alberta|
|Series Title||Heritage commemoration series|
|Other Language Editions||[French]|
|Electronic Document|| |
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact the authoring department to request a format other than those available.
We invite you to consult the Frequently Asked Questions page for additional information regarding the Archived Content notice.
Note: The URLs contained in this/these document(s) may no longer be functional
|Note||"Editor: Sheila Ascroft"--p. . Issued also in French under title: Ancien palais de justice territorial, Fort Macleod, Alberta. Digitized edition from print|
|Number of Pages|| p. :|
|Subject Terms||Heritage buildings|
- Date modified: